Laser welding is ideal for applications requiring pinpoint accuracy at high production rates. It is non-contact, does not require a vacuum, and is excellent for joining thin materials and small components.
Shoham Innovative Laser Solutions is a leading laser welding service provider with extensive knowledge in laser welding processes and vast experience in laser welding services for hundreds of different parts and applications for a wide variety of industries.
Shoham’s manufacturing facilities are equipped with a variety of laser welding systems with different beam and control characteristics, CNC controlled systems and manual welders for R&D activities, welding systems in an ISO 7 cleanroom environment and more.
This diversity allows us to handle a wide range of applications from macro to micro parts.
Laser Welding Advantages
- Deep Weld Penetration – Weld penetration can be closely controlled, and ranges from 0.05 mm to a depth of up to 1.5 mm.
- Micro Part Welding – Given the small and precise nature of the laser beam, small and thin materials can easily be joined. This includes welding of foils, stents, sensor diaphragms, and surgical instruments.
- Low Heat – Pulsed lasers can minimize the amount of heat applied to a part, thus helping to keep critical electronics and other components cool.
- Dissimilar and Crack Sensitive Material Welding – Laser welding can join dissimilar materials and also crack-sensitive materials.
Laser welded parts often require additional assembly steps before and after the actual weld. We offer a full suite of pre- and post-processing services.
- Product Design and Weld Design
- Tooling Design & Fabrication
- Parts Cleaning & Assemblies
- He Leak Testing
- Non Destructive Testing
- Post Weld Thermal Treatment